Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Number Two

This Christmas will be James second Christmas. Of course last year he was only six months old so I've kind of been counting this as his first "real" Christmas. He kinda gets it he kinda doesn't. He loves that we have a "tree" in our house. He loves reading books about "anta" and going "ho, ho, ho". But does he really get it?
No lol.
I'm sure Christmas morning he will still be more interested in the wrapping paper and boxes rather than the presents themselves.
He had no idea why I had him drop his letter to "anta" in a mailbox.
He has no idea why we have a stuffed animal elf that moves every night.
And I'm sure he won't understand why we leave a plate of cookies out for "anta" on Christmas Eve.
However I do know one day he will get it. One day he will understand the magic of Christmas and he may even want to look at pictures of him doing it when he was younger. For that reason(and many many others) is why I try to let James experience Christmas to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment