Sunday, January 19, 2014

Toddler Friendly Valentine's Day Craft!


Valentine's Day is fast approaching! I was going through some totes yesterday and realized I didn't have that many Valentine's Day decorations! What is a girl to do? So I decided that instead of buying a bunch of decorations I would try and make some. I knew I wanted some to involve James so I began the hunt on Pinterest to find some cool ideas. Most of them looked really cool but looked like actually making them would be terrible. I created a Pinterest board for this exact reason. You can look where I found my idea here. If you look at that board you may see a few more of those ideas popping up here in the upcoming weeks ;).



I headed to my local Michael's Craft Store and got all the supplies I needed. Let me preface this craft by telling you I am by no means an artist. The fact that I was even willing to try painting this amazes me! However it was so easy and came out so perfect that I'm glad I did! I'm not sure that I purchased the technically correct paint or brushes, but they worked well for what I needed them for.
The first thing I did was while James was napping. I painted the entire canvas pink and then the edges. You can choose any color you would like for the background, I choose pink because I was doing this for Valentine's Day. I can easily see this craft used in a nursery around the color theme.

I dipped James hand in the paint, which he thought was pretty funny. Since he got so much paint on his hand we did a few practice handprints on the cardboard box we were using to keep the paint off the table.
And when I said a few I meant a lot.

After you cover the entire canvas a solid color dip your child's hand & feet in the paint.
I found it easier if you bring the canvas to their hands and feet rather than having them press down on the canvas.

After the prints are done take your paint brush and write the L and the E. I think mine turned out pretty cute! I would love to see some of you create this easy craft too! Send me some pictures :)
Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment