Thursday, October 11, 2012

Favorite Pinterest Recipe: Dorito Casserole

The idea for this dinner was found on pinterest here

The sound of a dorito chicken casserole doesn't sound very appetizing. It certainly seems like something only a child could create. After reading the original recipe I was intrigued, I had to try the dorito chicken casserole myself, and I was pleasantly surprised.


The ingredients are all really simple for this meal. 
3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts(to reduce cooking time I purchased a rotisserie chicken)
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 cana rotel tomatoes
1 bag mild cheddar cheese
1 bag colby jack cheese
1 family size bag of nacho cheese Doritos

(the cheese flavors are to your liking)




Directions: Whichever choice of chicken you use shred and then mix with cream of mushroom, rotel tomatoes and the cream of chicken.
I then mixed in a bit of each type of cheese. I also crunched up the doritos at this point and mixed in 1/3 of the bag.
Don't worry it might look unappetizing but myself and family can attest to its deliciousness. 

After this is complete grease your casserole dish to prevent the sides from sticking. You can use butter or any spray that is for this purpose.

Then layer the bottom of the dish with doritos.
Notice how there is a cup of mixed cheese to the left. I called this my "emergency cheese". I put aside that cheese to make sure I would have enough for the final step.

Poor the chicken mix on top of the doritos, be sure to cover them completely. 


Then cover the mix with the remaining doritos and the rest of the cheese(not the "emergency cheese")

I then cooked this for 30 minutes at 350

After the 30 minutes I then spread the "emergency cheese" on top of the casserole and put back in the oven just enough for the cheese to melt.
All in all this dish was simple and easy, along with delicious. I feel this would be something people of all ages would enjoy. This meal from start to finish took no longer than 45 minutes-including prep time! Exactly what most new mom's need, and it's just as good the next day reheated. Happy eating.





Follow Us

No comments:

Post a Comment