Friday, August 7, 2015

Butts, Poop and Everything Gross in Between

I despise the saying "He's all boy", but honestly he is. My three year old, car loving, bug chasing, punches flying, smelly boy is a boys boy. He is not interested in anything mainstreamed as "girly". Although I have tried not to limit his likes and have even encouraged him to do some "girly" things, he has continued to grow up "all boy".
Everything smells.
Everything is dirty.
Everything is broken.
Marks on my walls.
Sand on my floor.
Love in my home.





I would not change James at all. He is who he is, and I love that. I don't try to limit his persistently loud ways, or stop him from playing in the mud.



What will he remember? All the times I made him wash his hands or that one time I let him build mud pies then throw them at our fence. That's for you to decide.

So to end this I'll say this:
Although gender stereotyping is so NOT my thing, it works for my boy. But what works for my boy, doesn't mean it will work for yours. I hope if your boy wants to wear a pink shirt and rock a doll to sleep you let him. They are only small for so long, let them be little.

No comments:

Post a Comment