Monday, February 17, 2014

Easy Anytime Gift for Dad's


James and I made this for Dennis for Valentine's Day but because it doesn't really have a "theme" you could use this as a gift all year! Also it was SO easy I had to share.



Those are all the supplies I used. Many of which you probably have laying around the house. Any left over paint or letter stickers? This project is perfect for it.
I started by putting the stickers on the canvas to spell out "Best Dad". I did it this way mostly because my handwriting is terrible and didn't want anyone to be subjected to seeing that LOL.


After spelling out Best Dad with the stickers I began to paint over them and the entire canvas. Use the color you plan to use as your background.

After the entire canvas is covered in paint you have to let it dry or you won't be able to take your stickers off neatly.

It was easier than I thought it would be to peel off the stickers. It even came out better than I expected, especially since I had never tried something like this before.

After I peeled the stickers off the next step was adding James handprints. Instead of sticking his whole hand in the paint like I did in this project, I painted his hand with the paint(which he thought was the funniest thing EVER).
Adding his handprints were pretty easy. The canvas I used was small so I was able to bring it right to his hands and guide his print. Of course his print didn't turn out "perfect" but that makes me love it even more. It is real.

I used the sharpie paint marker to add the rest of the words, which didn't make my handwriting look as bad as it really is.
Like I said this project is really easy and took probably only an hour to make. Good luck, I know all the dads will love their gifts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment