Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dear James, you are 19 months old.

Dear James,
It's been so long since I wrote to you here. That doesn't mean I love you any less, it means life happened. We have been exploring, and growing so much together. You have accomplished and learned so much in your nineteen months with us. At times it feels like you have been with us for so long but other times I can hardly believe you have only been apart of this world for a little over a year. I cannot imagine what life is like without you anymore. From your cute little toes to your crazy wild hair. You are my life, my love and why I wake up every morning. At times you can still make me want to scream and cry. You make me question my sanity on a daily basis. You make me do some pretty crazy things, even when you aren't around(like making sound effects for EVERYTHING). But even through all the hard and stressful times, I wouldn't change a thing. You are who you are. You are beautiful, you are smart, and you are loved.
It is hard to believe how grown up you are now. You are your own person. You love to make people laugh and you love to be tickled. You can say so many words now and have even started putting them together.  You still eat everything we give you and are very lucky you haven't become a picky eater yet(knock on wood). You wear a size 8 toddler shoe, and a size 2t shirt. You are so big!
You are OBSESSED with Elmo and Grover, well really any of the Sesame Street characters. You love trucks, cars and boats. You are such a boys boy. You love making motorcycle sounds and pointing at the planes in the sky. You love your grandpa and your daddy. You love you tup(cup) and your bloons(balloons). Your love shoes and looking out the window. You love playing outside and jumping off the couch.
Mommy is so proud of everything you do. From every cry to every laugh I'm always there for you. You love to snuggle with your mom and dad. You love your dog "see see"(Lucy). You love our new house and having two of your own rooms. You are the happiest little guy I've ever met. You continue to amaze me every day with the new things you are doing. You are the most amazing son I could have ever imagined and I anticipate every new thing you do. I love that you are growing up so well but dread it at the same time. It's hard knowing you are a big boy now and not a baby. I miss having to hold you all the time but love that you know it's okay to let go. I love you so much James and can't wait to see what month twenty brings.

Follow Us

No comments:

Post a Comment