Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear James


Dear James,
I can't believe you're going to be five weeks tomorrow. It feels like just yesterday I was holding you on my chest for the first time. These short five weeks have flown by and I wish I could slow down time. I wouldn't trade all the sleepless nights and baby throw up all over me for anything. Every moment with you I cherish as I know I'll never get it back. Even at this moment while I'm writing this you're patiently staring at mommy on the computer. I love every inch of you.


Things I'm going to miss:

  • How you love staring at the light
  • The noise you make before you smile
  • How you love flailing your arms
  • How much you freak out when I change your diaper, the wipes make you make the cutest face
  • How much you love your swing
  • How you grab onto my finger when I feed you a bottle
  • The grunting noises you make when you sleep
  • How small you are
  • What it sounds like when you cry
  • How dependent you are on me
  • How much you love the rocking chair
  • How bouncing you will always make you stop crying
  • How much hair you have
  • How blue your eyes are
  • How you love to make fists
  • Your tiny feet
  • How your just starting to look at objects
  • Your tiny nails
  • How you love "watching" T.V.
  • How calm you get when I hold you
  • Your smell
  • Spending every second of every day with you
  • How you love sticking your tongue out
I love you James

No comments:

Post a Comment