Saturday, July 7, 2012

How to Choose a Name


It's a difficult process, choosing a name. You're creating an identity for a person you haven't even met yet. You're shaping their life, without even knowing their personality. It took Dennis and I months to decide on the perfect name for James David. We never really even came up with a girl name, and I take that as a sign. James name is the combination of mine and Dennis' grandfather's name. It's a strong name that means a lot  to us. I cannot speak for Dennis but my grandfather was one of the most influential people I had in my life. I'd give anything to be able to meet him one more time, to have him meet James, but that is far down the road. Not a day goes by where I don't think of my pop-pop at least once. I just hope I can express to James what a great human being he is named after. I love you pop-pop. <3

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! You spelled choose wrong in the title lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you are officially a mom if you are writing blog posts at 4:30am haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I fixed the title, and I know I was awake lol

      Delete
    2. Hey, also the first Your on the second sentence is You're.

      4AM does that to people. lol
      Great article!

      Delete